Monday, June 16, 2008

Living Room Before and After

This is the Living Room before I moved into the house. I liked this color, but it was pretty dark, and I really wanted a lighter feel in this house than I had in my apartment.
That green room in the far right is now my bedroom. I also painted those stairs...the risers are white, and the treads black. I love them now!!
AFTER:
This sheer is a discontinued Brunschwig & Fils fabric that I used in a showhouse nursery last year. I love it! I took it off the canopy that I had made for over the crib in the nursury, serged the top edge, and just hung it from clip rings.

I need to buy another couple of sets of rings so that I can put heavier draperies on in the winter. This is an old house. I have a feeling it's going to be a little drafty!!

I just love my chair. I bought it at a flea market about 10 yrs ago for $25, and had the seat reupholstered for $50. It has inlaid mother of pearl and other woods. I'll have to get a closeup some time.
This is my Kathleen wall...lol. The desk came from my mother's house. It's really cute, but I'm thinking about painting it black so it fits in a little bit better. It's oak, but the finish is a little too "new" for me. You can see the painted stairs there too!
The fabric draped over the ottoman is a cotton ground with a flocked velvet in chocolate brown on it, with some screen printed blue swirls. I love it! I'll be making a real slipcover out of it at some point...as soon as I can make a decision on fabric for the sofa.
The big plan is to build a faux fireplace mantel there where the TV is now, and put my faux electric logs in it, and hang a flat-panel TV above the mantel. Maybe next year? :)
That's it for now! I spent the weekend hanging pictures and window treatments all over the house. I'll share more over the next few days.

3 comments:

SarahWhite said...

Well, FINALLY!!! OMgosh...just LOVING every little thing about your precious new home. The artwork rocks and I can't wait to see what you decide on for the sofa fabric...love the curves. You are a designer...yet, your home is not all designer-rey looking. It's real and warm and looks like some happy folk live there. Only thing missing...is a dog. Yeah...you need a dog. :)

Jen Kershner said...

I love your wall color, so light and fresh. Your house has so much character, not a lot of that here in the burbs! Love your birthday post. You are so lucky to have such wonderful friends to celebrate with. Jen

Anonymous said...

Ooooh I am so lovin' all of your choices!! The LR color is great...the floors are gorgeous! It looks so homey and loved already!

Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...