Friday, June 20, 2008

The Library

The Library/Den Before
Some of the sheetrock had to be replaced due to some water damage from a leaky roof. The roof has been repaired, and so have the walls!
After:
That red chair is going to be replaced with a comfy chenille couch in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait. This room is really a cozy size, and will be great to read in. Right now, it's my music room. The acoustics are great for my flute.

As you can see, there are still boxes to be unpacked and put away, and I would say that this room is the most UNdone of them all right now. I need to wait until I get the couch before I can really finish it up I think. All of the books on those bookshelves above are decor related. I can't believe how big my collection is!
These shelves were old white wood bookcases that I picked up at garage sales about 8 yrs ago. I just slapped a coat of blueish paint on them and put them in here. The book case in the middle is actually a family piece that was in my home when I was a kid. It is an old modular bookcase that comes apart in four pieces for easy transport. It's really cool. I'm struggling with the idea of painting it. That weird green finish isn't really cutting it in my house. We'll see. I'm also afraid that I have a bunch more books that need to be unpacked, and since I've filled the left shelf there with DVDs and videos, I've cut down my book space. I'll have to come up with a new strategy there. This whole side of the room looks pretty messy because of the mis-matchy stuff. Sometimes I can make mis-matchy work, but in this case...not so much...lol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your home is looking GOOD!!! Wish we were closer, we could play flute duets or flute/piano duets!! I just helped with a CD that is cello/piano duets.....ahhhhhhhh, that gal could swing a mean bow!!
Blessings to you and have a great weekend!

PAT said...

Little Miss Gabilicious returned to Mommy, Daddy and Drew yesterday. I've spent the morning and now going into the afternoon, reading my blogs. I absolutely love what you are doing with your home. I know I said it before!! I love those windows!

The zebra rug is great!

Your new background is fantabulous!
Pat

Amber Cargile said...

I love what you're doing with this room and the whole house, Sharona. I swear, you are so Sheila Bridges-meets-Sister Parish with a little Mahhhhhtha Turkey Hill thrown in! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...