Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Giving Thanks

Finally! I'm here to post some Thanksgiving photos. Of course, the first thing I'm thankful for is my amazing daughter, and her fabulous little cousin Madeline. I say "little" but she's actually turning 12 in February. So she's little of stature, with a mature little mind to go with it!

This picture of them is one of my early attempts at morphing two pics together to get one good one. Can you tell I swapped out Kathleen's face in this one? I combined two so that both girls would have some semblance of a smile. Have I mentioned how much I love Photoshop? No? lol

My sister Marjorie made a delicious pumpkin pie (pretty, too!)...
...and a really yummy apple pie.
The girls put on a little concert for us, which is always nice....

...and Kathleen took some good shots of the table all set up in the living room. My cousins are big guys (over 6' 4" tall!), so there was no way I was going to try to cram 10 people into my dining room. It worked out quite nicely in the living room. In fact, the dining room has now become a cozy little den/office for me. :)
This was my grandmother's china. It's perfect for Thanksgiving and autumn parties! I used it for the birthday party I had last Tuesday too. It's called "Friendly Village."

There's BF in the kitchen (wearing MY slippers), pretending to cook. LOL. Actually, I had him peel and chop all of the potatoes and yams. He made the mashed potatoes, too....so I didn't have to do EVERYthing. ;) Come to think of it, he carved the turkey, too. Now if I could only get him to do dishes....ah, well...
I set up my skaters...sort of. My sister gave me these guys for my birthday (in June) and I had to wait until now to display them! I just bought a mirror for the "rink" and I need to get some fake snow goin' on there. I'll post a pic when I get that accomplished.
Pretty, right? :) I love my house.
Oh yeah! I made cranberry bread from scratch too! Yummy!
Now here is another of my Photoshop projects. Kathleen had taken this photo of Tess on Thanksgiving. It's cute, but it's a little blurry....so....
I've been learning about adding textures and adjusting layers, and I came up with this. I'm quite happy with it. It's interesting, isn't it? Oh, and I did my signature with my new Wacom tablet, which is a whole other wonder of its own. I love that thing!
post signature

2 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

My...you are becoming a photoshop wonder! I couldn't tell you removed and replaced your daughter's head...but it made me not trust the perfectness of the pumpkin pie ;)

Hey...I have those same friendly village dishes...we use them at Christmas too!

Rose - Watching Waves said...

I love your home, too, Sharon! It's welcoming and feels like arms wrapped in a big, loving hug. What pretty pies! Great idea to set up the table in the living room. One of my favorites of your family gatherings is when the girls provide a concert - I love that! Mom used to have me play piano for guests when I was young, and at Christmas everyone gathered arond the piano to sing Christmas carols. I miss that.
Totally loving your blog background and header!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...