Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Miss Me?


Happy New Year, Y'all!

I just got in from shoveling the driveway out there in the bitter cold.  I hope all of my southern transplant friends (yes, I'm talking about you, Linda and Suzette, especially) are remembering me up here in the cold, and sending a little pity my way while you enjoy your balmy temps.  Wenches.  That goes for my Texas regular readers too.  Pity me.  Now.  

I really shouldn't complain, though.  It's beautiful here.  Right now we have about seven inches out there, and when it's fresh and untouched, it's the most beautiful sight to see.   The pic above is from last week's snow.  That storm came and dumped about 10 inches I think, and was gone within days because of warm temps.  Now we're right back to where we started!  Welcome, winter!

Well, I just wanted to post tonight as we're ringing in the new year, because I haven't been to my blog in so long!   I'll be sure to discuss Kathleen's favorite gifts (and mine) because, seriously, isn't Christmas all about the presents?  Seriously. 


(*snicker* )


Y'all be careful out there tonight.  I'm staying in for the first time in YEARS, and I'm very happy about it.  Hooray for Home Sweet Home.   

I'll "see" you next year!


6 comments:

suzette said...

Happy New Year from me to all of you! Yes, I'm enjoying your winter pictures Sharon. It IS lovely! It's also lovely not having to push my shopping cart to my car in the slush. I went out today too! In my SWEATER! Barefoot in my YARD!

I'm excited for to be spending the New Year in your new home! Happy 2009.... cheers!

Rose - Watching Waves said...

Beautiful photo with the snow lightly dusting everything.
Wishing you and yours much happiness, peace and goodness always!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Miss you? I wanna Kiss you! Thank you for those gorgeous pictures. It is sooo sad/funny how it is becoming such a faded memory...I was sure it was in my cellular structure. I was a ski instructor for goodness sakes! But I am starting to forget what it FEELS and SMELLS like. Going on 11 years with no snow. sniff.

But...really appreciating the ocean, and salt, and sun, and balmy sultryness that is now home.

A most joyous and peaceful year to you and yours...

We are forgoing a party and nesting inside with hors doevres and The Dark Knight.

Auld lang syne, dear friend!

karlene said...

I am in the cold too!!! It is nice to have some snow for a change with the cold. Happy New Years!!!

Anonymous said...

I am new in blogland, about four months.I have enjoyed visiting your blog. I LOVE NEW YORK ,so wish I was there. I would help you shovel,from a Califorian. We did have some snow where I live but rare.Please visit me, I would appreciate being added to Your blog list. Happy New Year, from fellow flutist. Blessings, Brook

Amber Cargile said...

Beautiful snow photo, Sharon! Happy New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...