Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Look Ma, No Eggs!

Oh look!  It's ME in the window!  (Shush...I can hear you snickering.)
Playin' with the Photoshop...sorry...lol...but I do love that bas relief tool.  Pretty cool.
Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE my new kitchen?  *sigh*  It's SO easy to clean up, and there's room to spread out and really make messes!
There's a touch of Christmas everywhere around here!  I was second-guessing myself with that fabric tree the other night when BF was cooking.  (I call him "Train Wreck" if that helps to give you an indication of his modus operandi.)  But it has lived to see another day.  Oh, and so has BF!  Lucky guy!  
So I just got done making 10 dozen Russian Teacakes for my sister's cookie exchange party tonight.  This means I will be coming home with an assortment of 10 dozen fabulous cookies made by friends.  I love cookie exchanges!
I used my grandmother's recipe, which, upon further inspection on the world wide web, is apparently EVERYONE'S recipe for Russian Teacakes!  No "ancient Chinese secret" here! heh.  I do love these, though, and they remind me of my Grandma Ann.  They're just flour, confectioner's sugar, butter, vanilla, salt, and nuts.  Yummy!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to make these wonderful little cookies. We saw some on the house tour Sunday. I forgot the name. I also forgot to pick one up for the road! Jim was picking up several cookies and candies, for the road, at every house. I was busy taking pictures!! So...I ate the heavenly hash he thought he had stashed out of sight, upon his arrival home!

I like that bas relief tool, too.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Heee. gotta laugh at Pats comment.
I also call them Mexican wedding cakes...so it seems the WHOLE WORLD is onto your little secret!!

Ahhh..Isn't wonderful to spread out and make messes, and it all cleans up?? I still pinch myself too. Now if I could just finish grouting a year later (although...there must be SOME kind of award for the longest cure before grouting that I could swing!) Geeeesch!

Anonymous said...

Those cookies are my favorite! I love all of your decor, thanks for sharing with us!

Rose - Watching Waves said...

Like Linda, I know them as Mexican Wedding Cakes, too. Deeeeeee-lishus!
What a pretty angel in your window!

Amber Cargile said...

You brat, your kitchen looks stylin' even when it's covered in baking mess! And the bas relief looks like a snow sculpture!

Amber Cargile said...

You brat, your kitchen looks stylin' even when it's covered in baking mess! And the bas relief looks like a snow sculpture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...