So thanks, Sandra! And now it's my turn to pass you all on to five of my favorite "hang" spots on the bloggery web (yeah, same as above with "bloggery"....it's my word.). Now this was tough, because, well, Sandra already stole like three of my fav's, so I'm going to try and be original here, and give you something new to look at.
- The Midnight Garden ~ The author of this blog is an old college friend of mine, who happens to be a great photographer, and lover of all things beautiful and alive. Flowers are his specialty. (Love ya', Greg!)
- The Devine Life ~ This is textile designer Michael Devine's blog, which I just discovered after a recent visit with him at his awesome shop in Kinderhook, NY. He even gave me a little tour through his back garden! Anyway, he hobnobs with the glitterati of the design world, so I visit his blog to live vicariously. (P.S. If you do a search in my blog for his name, you can see some pics of his shop that I took last year before Christmas--or I could do that and come back here and link to it. Um. Nah. You do it.).
- Project Rungay ~ Are you snarky? Do you love snarkyness? I am! I do! So that's why I read this blog about the latest episodes of Project Runway, which happens to be my latest vice (yeah, ok, ONE of my vices...geesh). I love that show. For real.
- Renovation Therapy ~ Another fairly recently discovered blog is authored by a literary agent named Jean, who happens to be renovating a house in Hudson, NY on the weekends, while living in NYC during the week. ( At least, I'm pretty sure she lives in NYC during the week.) And she does weird stuff like paint chandeliers all one color with spray paint, and make her own ironing board--(you know--stuff that I would do! So I like her! :) )
- Sweet } Salty ~ The young woman who writes this blog is a genius. A genius with words, and "seeing." By "seeing" I mean she SEES life, and FEELS it, and manages to convey it with the most amazing beauty. (She needs to write a book.) When I found her blog by a confounderance (yep--invented it myself) of bloggeryness, I read back about a year, and cried for hours. So bring your box of tissues, and read about her life.
Phew! That list took forever to compile and link up. Now go read! YOU need to spend more time on YOUR box too!! It's good for your eyes! And your health! Mmmm hmmm.