Thursday, January 29, 2009

For Brenda

looking toward closet (Small)
A visitor named Brenda asked if I would post more views of the bed in this showhouse room I did in 2006.  

screen corner (Small)



bed_close (Small)
Can you see my handmade glass lamp?  I made it from an inexpensive glass vase, and added a shade from WalMart!  The pair of them looked really great, and I was so excited that noone had bought them by the time showhouse was over.  Unfortunately, one of my clients called me a week later, and wanted to buy them.  I have yet to duplicate them for my own house.  C'est la vie.
from hall 2 (Small)
The bed is an antique that belonged to one of my great uncles.  I bought it for a bargain at the estate sale after he died.  He was one of my favorite uncles, so it has a nice sentimental value, as well as being an awesome bed!  

This was my favorite showhouse room yet.  I was really happy with the way it came out, although in retrospect, there are some things I would have changed.  Oh well.  It's over and done with.  Next time!  :)  

There are more of my design projects posted on my website, if you're interested.  

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanks for the bedroom photos! I love it, and yes I'll check out your site. Thanks again.
Brenda

dec0r8or said...

Thank YOU for visiting, Brenda!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my place today. I have been meaning to visit just because of your blog name. One of my very favorite movies! That Layla is so sweet to feature us this week! She did a great job of showing off your bed benches. They look great. I have built and reworked several things, but not a bench. So I am trying to decide whether or not to sink a cushion or let staple it to the seat itself. Decisions, decisions... Your show room is gorgeous, I haven't had the opportunity to do that yet, I wish! I will definitely be visiting again.
~Misti

Anonymous said...

I've always liked this room Sharon. It's beautiful! You are so creative!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...