Friday, May 14, 2010

Hiding the Clutter with Fabric!

There it is. My mess. I can't believe I'm posting this picture. My only consolation is that my "after" shot somehow redeems me. :)
See? I was inspired to organize all the crap on that counter, which really tends to be a catch-all. We'll see how long that lasts. But I'm loving my fabric in the cabinet doors. What a difference! It's SO much cleaner and neater feeling on that end of the kitchen now!
Yay, me!
P.S. One of these days I'm actually going to SEW that wing chair slipcover, instead of having the fabric draped over it all willy nilly. Whatever. It's on the list.

post signature

7 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Nice, Sharona! sometimes we just need to fool the eye!

What a great original piece of the house!

Rose - Watching Waves said...

That came out slick, girlie! Keeps everything looking tidy and it's subtle so it keeps it calm and refreshing. Well done!

dec0r8or said...

Thanks, ladies!

Diane said...

I love that hutch piece (I can't remember if it's built in or not) that came with the house and it's a slick trick to use the fabric to cover the glass. I don't think I could do that as I would want to display away . . . even though it would make me nuts to keep it neat. But I know you still have open shelves and that fabulous reclaimed piece on the other long wall for that so you have the best of both worlds now. A real win/win!

SarahWhite said...

Cracking up on the "yay me!" NUT!

Love it...it looks awesome. I need an updated tour...yes, please. :)

dec0r8or said...

I'll be working on some more house projects this spring, Sally, so I'll be posting more pics as I go. How about YOUR house? Anything new happening? I love your place. I want mine to look like yours when I grow up. :)

Country Contemporary said...

Love the character the hutch gives your kitchen and the fabric to hide the clutter - perfect solution!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...