Friday, January 15, 2010

Well Hello There, Bambi!

Now if this isn't the cutest thing you've seen all week, I expect a link to whatever it is that was cuter! These pictures are the reason I take the roads less traveled when I'm out and about. This little fella' (or is it a girl?) was all alone in this field....just staring at me before he ran away. I have pictures of more deer in the next field over (which I saw first), who were probably his parents. Just LOOK at that face!
...and those awkward little baby giraffe legs...hee!
This is exactly how I came upon him...just standing there, staring at me in my car:
...and when I didn't leave right away...
...he turned slowly...
...and made a dash to safety.
...and just stood there staring at me from the edge of the woods for a while.
Down the road a piece were these adorable guinea hens in front of a farmer's barn....at least that's what I think they are. I didn't Google them, so if I'm wrong, feel free to call me on it.
I wanted to pluck some of those feathers, they were so pretty!
And last but not least, a side trip down to my uncle's place on the river, just in time to see a barge go by. It was chomping its way through the ice, no problem at all.
Anybody else take any side trips lately that landed you someplace interesting? (I could go back and make that sentence more grammatically sound....in fact, I could do that with my entire post, but I don't feel like it. You guys can handle it, right?) :)

post signature

3 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Those hens! Right out of a graphics catalog!

And Bambi....swoon. Deer eyes are my faves...absolute faves. As a matter of fact deer (and giraffes) are my fave animal. Must be the gentle eyes.

I'm always amazed when I find places I never knew about in this little town...LOTS of sandy dirt roads that lead to amazing spots!

The floor...Traffic master allure (I think that is right) really kind of a rubber. It sticks to itself (not the floor) and is completely impervious to water. Perfect for a laundry room.

Red Lipstick said...

I love her!! deer are so sweet. I sometimes see a doe when I go running. the little hens are precious as well,

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

These are beautiful shots, Sharon! Love those hens and yes, you are right...they are guineas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...