Friday, December 07, 2007

Trunk Show '08

I can't believe how many pictures I have from last weekend's jewelry extravaganza. It was difficult to get good ones of my trees draped in jewels, though. The pictures above are of my friend Suzanne's house. I was set up in her dining room. It was perfect, because there was a nice big mirror right between my two tables, so people could try things on and admire themselves in the mirror. :) The idea to display my things on trees came to me one night when I was stressing about how to display necklaces without professional necklace racks. I love my feather trees, and the swirly wire one came from my friend Pat. They were just the thing I needed for this holiday party. It was a great success. The only bummer is, now I have to think of new just-as-spectacular ideas for other times of the year! Hmmmm.....any help?
Above is a picture of my Coxsackie Christmas by the River display. Those pictures came out even worse! LOL! I was set up in the front office of Century 21 Heartland Realty (thanks, Peggy--you rock!), on the secretary's desk. Next year I'm going to bring some sort of screen as a backdrop, I think, and music, and COOKIES. :) There has to be something to distract the kids while the moms are looking at gems! Hee! It was a great experience...there were lots of great vendors there, and quite a bit of traffic. I was in a prime spot. A special thanks goes out to Peggy Quigley for letting me get in at the last minute. She's a good egg. Next year I'll plan ahead, and I'll be in the brochure and everything!

Can you see my little gift bags in the background? You should have seen me putting those together the night before! I love the little stickers though.

Well, it's sewing time! I'll post pics of the other vendors tomorrow. Wait 'til you see the ADORABLE tiny faux fireplace I bought!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking at those gift bags gave me a thought. You remember the printmaking I do? (Block printing, linoleum tiles, ink.) Seems a creative like you could come up with wonderful designs and you and/or Puddy could cut them out of the tile (careful! really sharp knives) and make your own custom prints for bags, paper products and even fabric. Come to think of it, Puddy is pretty creative herself; she may have a few design ideas of her own!

Jen Kershner said...

Displaying on Christmas trees- what an inspired idea! Your jewelery would look great hanging from anything though!

Your friends dining room trim-hubba hubba!

Anonymous said...

Your pieces look great Sharon-I'm so glad the shows went well! $YAY$ :-) What other times of year are we talking here, for displays? I think you hit on something great with the trees-what about branches, driftwood...some of those hand statues from TJM.....???

dec0r8or said...

I'm thinking summertime, Suzette, so your driftwood idea may be a very good one! What hand statues are you talking about?! I haven't been to TJM in ages. I'll have to check it out.

Hey Lewis...I have an idea! How 'bout YOU do the printmaking FOR me! LOL! I don't have TIME for the stuff I'm doing NOW, much less carving fiddlehead ferns out of linoleum and painting them and printing them and whatever else. I'm ambitious, but I can't work miracles! P.S. Speaking of printing...I love your Christmas card...great place...great print!!

Anonymous said...

You come up with the ideas, I'll make you the blocks. But YOU (or Puddy) have to do the printing on your own! :P BTW you can do the printing with water-based inks, or oil-based, or fabric paints OR even dyes. And PS, glad you like the place. It's the kind of house you would LOVE; 1882 Victorian, polished wooden staircase with full balcony area inside looking over the baby grand in the music parlor, a separate maid's quarters for Laura, and a detached two story barn with a finished studio downstairs. Now if I can just get some heat in that barn! :)

PAT said...

Wonderful displays Sharon! Your jewelry is beautiful!! I'm certainly proud of my Sharon original!

Pat

Amber Cargile said...

Sharon, I thought I replied to this already. I keep coming back to ogle over your jewelry and your trunk show displays. You did an amazing job. You have so much creative talent that it never ceases to amaze me.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get this even though it is a half year late :^)
You asked if we knew of any ideas for jewelry display.....
We are displaying ours on wire dress forms, Eiffel Towers (wire), and antique chip racks...the ones with clips on them! HTH

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...