Friday, May 30, 2008

Small Things

My new refrigerator, freezer on the bottom.
My ice maker! Wa-hooo! (Oh, and a big wa-hoo to BF, who hooked the crazy thing up!)

Unpacking my decorating books and stacking them up "just so."

The view from my LR window.

The turkeys who are a daily part of that view. Here they are this morning!

My awesome kid on wacky sock/outfit day. Whose idea was this day, you ask? Yep. Hers. I hope her friends (and teachers...apparently there was a class-wide email event) follow through! LOL! Note the pack-mule-esque look she has going on there. Three bags: lunch, sneakers, school books.
These are some of the small things that make me happy, and I am thankful for all of them.

4 comments:

Amber Cargile said...

WOW...look at that backyard view, girl! I swear, this is like right out of Martha Stewart or Sheila Bridges... Your style has always reminded me of a cross between Sister Parrish and Sheila Bridges! Now you have the NY country home to boot!

Kathleen looks very cute!

Rose - Watching Waves said...

That last shot is my favorite shot of all! Your views - of land, plants, animals - are so wonderful and I'm super-glad that you share them with us.

Ironic - I need a shelving piece for a particular narrow wall in my home and just a few minutes ago, I sketched out my idea of what I wanted. Open at the sides, shelves on top with a couple of drawers toward the bottom, but with legs - and then I see yours! They're nearly identical to what I just drew!!!! Where'd you get them? I must have one exactly like them. How wide is one? Love the way you've stacked the books on them. I need one of those shelving units

dec0r8or said...

I think those are about 27" wide, Rose. I bought them YEARS ago at The Christmas Tree Shops, which is an East Coast chain, I think. They were a bargain, too...I think I only paid $80 each for them. They really are great. I had been using them to flank my TV at the apartment, and had media components and decorative doo--dads on them. Now they have a different purpose--and not just for show!! :) I wish you good luck finding something similar!

Rose - Watching Waves said...

Thanks so much, Sharon! Only $80 - wow! I found some similar on JCP but they only have two shelves (around $130?). I have a neighbor who does custom furniture so I may just give him a pic of yours and see what he can come up with. How nice that you've gotten such great use from yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...