Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Baby bird




Look at that little baby! Isn't he cute? He's right above my back porch between the rafters.



And here's the momma about 3 minutes later...lol. She was staring me down. I'm pretty sure she's a junco, but I'm not positive. She flies away every time I open the door, so I can't get a good look at her. I just love the softness of the nest. I'm wondering where she got the cotton batting! It's so cute with the green moss....looks like a nice soft home for her baby. I think the baby was born today, because I haven't heard any tiny peeping until this afternoon.


It's a nature wonderland here. Every night the field is host to turkeys and deer. Mornings too. I've got binoculars by the windows so we can view them up close. I'll have to get some pictures of Mr. Turkey fanning his feathers. He looks just like the pictures we drew as kids, and like all the Thanksgiving pictures you see of turkeys. Live ones, that is. :P Oh! Here come the deer now! They're on the other end of the field, so I won't be able to get a good pic. I'll get the turkeys soon though.


I'm off to Kathleen's final concert of the year. Chorus and band. She says it's going to be their best one yet. Yesterday she ended her track season by winning a 4x400 relay by FLYing by the girl who was ahead of her. It was great to see...and a great way for her to end the season--on a high note.

I didn't get a good picture of her passing the other girl...but in this shot, Kathleen is running hard to catch up to her. I just noticed the guys behind her checking out her running, too! Funny!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rose - Watching Waves said...

Big congratulations to Kathleen! She sure looks determined; good for her! And congrats to momma bird on her new arrival. How cool that you have so much natural world to enjoy!

Amber Cargile said...

Woo, look at that girl fly! And those guys are hilarious! Go Kathleen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...