Sunday, March 08, 2009

Out of Sorts

*chair painting by Holly Farrell

This chair painting pretty much sums up the way I've been feeling for the last few weeks. I don't know if it's this rotten f-ing winter weather, or my work, or the fact that BF has been gone for four out of the last five weeks, or what....but I've just been in a weird way lately. It's been a time of introspection and reflection, which most of the time is a good thing for me, but of late has just brought up old wounds that haven't healed, and has made me feel sad. Maybe I have S.A.D.D. Who knows? All I know is I'm ready for Spring and a new perspective.

Yesterday was good. The sun was shining, and the temperature was actually tolerable--no coat necessary! Kathleen and I did a lot around the house, and had a very productive day. Then last night I went to see a performance of The Vagina Monologues with some friends, and that was a nice way to end the day. This morning we went to brunch at my friend Jennifer's house, and it was good to see her after not having seen her for a few weeks. I don't know. I guess I've been feeling out of touch or something. It felt good to connect with some "real" people instead of all of my pretent internet friends (I love you guys...but YOU know what I mean!). I've been spending too much time in my own head, and that can be a dangerous thing! I also haven't felt much like blogging, which you may have noticed! :) Sorry about that!

I should have some pictures to share over the next couple of weeks, as Kathleen and I crank out some pre-party house projects. We're having a needle felting party on the 21st, and then her 14th birthday party on April 4th. I can't believe I'm going to have a 14 year old kid. Maybe that's why I've been having so much fun catching up with old friends on Facebook? Makes me feel young again? Eh. Whatever. I don't feel old. I just feel depressed....lol. Some nice house projects may just be the cure for what ails me. I'll let you know.

8 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Well...that sucks. But is so normal at this time of year in NY (remember it well...called it midwinter sludge).

Soon enough bulbs will be peeking out, Darlin' girls will be turning 14, Spring will have sprung. And... you will have a whole different feel. Soon enough.

Blog, schmlog...do what you need. We'll wait. Yep.

Hey...our little girls are very close. Olivia will be 14 May 24th. From whaat you talk about Kat...I imagine they are two peas in a pod!!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

whoops...Tat.

SarahWhite said...

Sorry you've been feeling that way Sharona...I think we all have times like that. Spring is almost here...I'm feeling it. :)

Rose - Watching Waves said...

I think most of us go through "weird ways" from time to time. I do know what you mean, though, about being too much in your head and not engaging with people in the flesh; I'm so utterly content with my own company that I have to regulate myself and make sure that I make plans with people, which I did a lot of this weekend.

Ain't it crazy that your baby is going to be 14? And you still look like such a young'un! Bet people who meet you two have a hard time with that.

Anonymous said...

Seasons can certainly have an affect on feelings!

We got out, Saturday, for awhile and saw "real" folks we haven't seen in awhile and it was good.

All those years we lived in the back pasture, I became somewhat accustomed to isolation, but I still needed that interaction with people,now and again. I especially felt that isolation, at the end of winter, when we were on the cusp of spring. It's good to mingle!!!

Anonymous said...

That's me, in the pasture comment, Sharon(of course you know that...it's early and I am sitting in the dark, trying to type...I'm pretty good with touch typing, but once in awhile I hit an oops!!

That sitting in the dark, typing, speaks volumes, doesn't it!!!

Hope your week is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

A little introspection kind of comes along with Winter, right? Especially when it gets to this point . . . not full Winter, hints of Spring, yet still unpredictable. Just Mother Nature's way of messing with our minds. :-)

You, my dear, need to be creating. Something. Anything. You have so many talents and just need to let some of them run loose. It'll cure what ails you, I bet.

dec0r8or said...

I've been creating, and working around the house. The past few days there has been sun at least, so that's something. BF was supposed to be back yesterday, but is now going to be gone for another week. Kill me now. :-/ I mean seriously. That's gettin' old.

Thanks for all of your kind words, y'all. I'll be back with bells on soon enough. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...