Thursday, January 29, 2009
I made that one above for a designer showhouse in 2006. I did a guest bedroom. If you'd like to see those pics, you can click HERE.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comments here,
and I'd love to answer them!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Canyon Wren Cottage.
"This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to some bloggers who must choose some more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
I'm not sure where the award originated...I'm not even sure what language that is up there! I know it's not French...perhaps Spanish? It's funny how small a world it is, thanks to this internet. Anywho...I'd like to thank Sandra for reading my silly blog every day, and for telling others about it. Now it's my turn to share the love. Below are a few of my daily indulgences, some of which I've only recently discovered:
- C Jane Enjoy It Today's post will tell you what you need to know about her blog in a nutshell. I will add that the family tragedy was that her sister and brother-in-law were in a terrible plane crash that left them both severely burned. It's a blog full of love and faith, and just goes to show you you CAN make lemonade out of lemons. Even when the lemons are REALLY sour.
- Renovation Therapy I've told you about Jean's blog before, but I really do pop in on her once a day or so, and she cracks me up.
- Retail Anarchy This is Jean's fiance's blog about shopping, and bargains and whatnot. And he's damn funny too. (I feel a trend...)
- Velvet & Linen OK, I just discovered this blog a couple of days ago...I want to say there was a link on Linda's Lime in the Coconut blog that brought me there....and OH what a bunch of decor eye candy there is there! You must go see what's UP! I plan on becoming a regular visitor to her blog, just because everything looks so YUMMY!
All right, that's it for today. If you have a fun blog you think I ought to see, then please leave me a comment so that I can come visit you! Maybe I'll give YOU the award next time! :)
P.S. How annoying is it to try and read against this background pattern? lol. I'll have to work on that later...NOT now. In the mean time, you'll just have to deal with it. :P
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Thursday, January 08, 2009
- Less time on the computer, more time working
- Follow-through, follow-through, follow-through (can you tell I'm bad at follow-through?
- Diversify--this means that I have some new directions I'd like to explore this year, the first of which is spending more time learning web design. I think this could be a lucrative side business for me. (Of course, this may negate some of my good intentions with number one, but whatev.)
- Purge. This should probably have been number one on the list, but we all know it now--I'm disorganized. Come spring, my plan is to clean out that garage. BF would love to put his boat in there, so he can work on it and not have to worry about the elements. In order to do that, however, I will have to get rid of a bunch of stuff that got moved here in April, but for which I no longer have a use. So...can you say GARAGE SALE? I hate having garage sales, but it's got to be done.
- I'm also going to make a list of house projects I'd like to complete this year, time and money permitting. That'll have to be a separate post, or maybe even a list on my sidebar, so I can hold myself accountable for actually getting stuff done.